Sunday 6 January 2008

Tree markings

Ink in Moleskine, 24x21cm

Still leafing through my sketchbook from late December, here are a few ink drawings of trees. They are life drawings, so to speak: trying to observe closely while still trying to capture something of the trees' anatomy.
Some royal blue ink and a thick bamboo nib were my treats on my last visit to the art shop before I had left Glasgow.
There is something so definite about ink - unlike pencil and graphite - that makes it exciting to experiment with. No ability to erase but only to rework.

Ink in Moleskine, 24x21cm

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to use pen and ink too. The danger of mistakes is exciting! I was given a new dip pen for christmas but I'd love to try a bamboo one.

Andrea and Kim said...

I have just found your blog and web site! What wonderful work you do. I love the way you work with line so well. Belive me, I will be back for lots more visits.

Belinda Flores-Shinshillas said...

Very Good art work you do!

I will be back to see more.

Belinda

Gesa said...

Hello and welcome, Jess, Kim and Belinda! Many thanks for these nice comments...